Client Development and Relationship Management for Associates
GOAL: Substantially increase effectiveness and satisfaction of your firm's associate lawyers in providing legal services and in developing more profitable relationships, personally and for the firm, with clients and colleagues.
CONTENT AND FORMAT: Personal communication skills tests, lectures, workshop and structured group discussions. This workshop complements The WJF Institute's Client Development and Relationship Management workshop.
PREREQUISITE: Completion of the WJF Institute's Client Development and Relationship Management workshop by law firm management and partners.
PARTICIPANTS: The workshop is designed for up to 15 associates per session.
LENGTH OF WORKSHOP: The length of the workshop is approximately 3.5 classroom hours. A minimum of 30 participants, or two 3.5-hour sessions, is generally our minimum requirement to schedule this training. We can schedule one 3.5-hour workshop for 15 participants if we are already conducting other training during the same days.
- Who are your firm's clients?
- Why clients retain your firm
- Client interviewing and counseling
- What clients value from their lawyers and law firm
- Understanding client perception and expectations
- Characteristics of excellent client service
- Why and how clients make decisions
- Personal communications and listening skills
- Oral and non-verbal communication
- Personality and behavioral styles
- Client relationship management
- Understanding clients' business operations
- Effective client service teams